Monday, June 25, 2007

Animal

we are changing people's lives
we are the automatic drive
we are retroactive - anti-pragmatic - and far too satisfied
so let the pulse revive you
and if the spirit moves inside you
let it out to claim the screaming fire
before the fountain of flames expire

whistle christmas songs onto cold morning glass
avert your eyes until the strangers pass
do not make contact
do not make contact
we cannot connect
for we feel it is a senseless act
we only touch each other when it's practical
just like paying the bills
but I can't sit still any longer
I am an animal

I shaved away your mirrors until you were only bones
like a dove being carved from a bar of soap
we washed away our sins like peeling skin
the summer sun will give us hope
I thought I heard you whisper
in the darkness
let it go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first bit reminded me of Rage Against the Machine... not sure why.

I related to this poem... reminds me of my own thoughts