you still
appear too often in my thoughts
it's raining here
and I think of horses
on the sidewalk
I'd like to storm your castle
if your knight and king collapse
if you weren't so well defended
I could put you in check
I ate a juicy piece of fruit
drank myself into a stupor
for two days
laid in my bed
listening to the rain
it's been a long time
since you laid your skin on mine
I haven't been lonely though
you know how it goes
but you're still the ghost
in the corner of my room
shaking your head low
I'm sorry that I let you go
if you tune my piano
I'll let you watch me moan
silence in the suicidal
streets of my hometown
I apologize to no one
because word would get around
that I've given up the hunt
and my raspy falsetto
would fade and my broken songs
would just become an echo
but I won't let that happen
I'm a screaming demon
set on dreaming
fleeing for the wilderness
with a bottle of whiskey
and pack of smokes
and my ghost lovers kiss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment