Monday, March 12, 2007

Five Dimensions

In this sanctuary I've got everything I need
the pantry's socked with sugar and sunflower seeds
good friends - travel on the weekends
domesticated like a wild animal
spoken like a true gentleman

and now in five dimensions
I'll find myself a burden to bear
lighter than an ice cube
but heavier than air
everyone stare at me now
does anyone know how he survives
with a dying conscience
behind chemical eyes?

we move through corridors
forced to carry megaphones
just to hear ourselves over
the white noise in our
aching bones
we strain to see the waterfall
thats imploding in the distance

are you with me
or against me
if this is our last moment
I must know

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the words you use in this song.

runawayid said...

"we move through corridors
forced to carry megaphones
just to hear ourselves over
the white noise in our
aching bones"

I am taken by the words above. Loving your imagery always. So happy you keep posting - it keeps me inspired.