I got bit by vampires
playing on the wrong side of town again
I stayed out too late
didn't even know her name
so why was I unable to run?
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
She took me downtown
mystified by streetlights
driving through the cigarette
strip of neon signs
"this cities dead" she said
but I knew what she meant
(the leaves don't bloom
like her teeth in the blue moon do)
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
She let me off in my neighborhood
it was good to meet you
wonder when I'll see you again
once the guilt has washed away
I'll be back
to haunt the alleyways
where you hide in black shadows
I can see you running away
but you can not escape
I can see you running away
but you can not escape
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
hunted by the prey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like an alluring one night stand, something dark and addictive.
Post a Comment