in the simple
peace in my heart
I agree
there is nothing
but my own fear
holding me back
from loving those
around me
and I am tired
and stressed out
and I am coming
to realize
that the revolution
that I desire
is that of my own mind
and therefore
the world that surrounds me
all of my senses
overwhelmed
with love
cannot be contained
I will die
someday
a thousand years from now
tomorrow
somewhere in between
but the peace
in my heart
will live forever
it cannot be stopped
not by an army
not by a weapon
not by a medicine
not by words
or thoughts
or pain
or fear
or death
or life
or love
or lies
my power
is my own
I was blessed
to hold this within me
the power to change
the course of events of the world
on a small and large scale
my curse is that
I cannot control
the way that love flows
from my fingertips
or lips
my curse is
the endless expenditure
of hope
which will eventually
leave me empty
a vessel
to live inside
and guide us all
home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I eventually hope to harness this internal peace that you speak of - I'm still searching and trying to leave the heavy luggage behind.
Post a Comment