Friday, October 20, 2006

simple things

simple things
I want nothing more
you come waltzing through
my bedroom door
like an ancient resident
of the space in my heart
that you occupy
demanding nothing
and so I oblige

I put my fingers
on your pulse points
looking for the skeleton key
I was told
would be hidden
in the sea
of your eyes
I am baptized and forgiven
I am no longer a prisoner
of the living curse
where music hurts
but silence can't survive
and now I know the world
will keep on spinning
after we die

simple things
grab you by the collar
in the middle of the night
in the bathroom while you're dreaming
before you turn on the light
and they are so beautiful
it reminds you why you sleep with your eyes closed

I wear a skeleton key around my neck
waiting for you to show me your lock

I listen to your heartbeat
while you are sleeping
it rhymes like a beautiful song

No comments: